Experienced Legal Help After An Auto Accident On The Job

A car accident while on the job is similar to any other type of workplace accident. If you've been hurt on the job, you need compensation for medical bills and lost wages. However, obtaining this compensation is no simple matter, so you need to make sure you work with an experienced team of attorneys to help you through the legal process and get the compensation you need.

At Dawkins & Gowens Law Firm, we help working people from all walks of life in Oklahoma City and throughout the state. If you've been hurt in an auto accident while working, we will work to obtain for you the best compensation award possible, while helping you through the entire process.

Types Of Compensation For Work-Related Auto Accidents

Generally, there are two claims we can bring in work-related car accident claims. First, we will help you through the workers' compensation process. As a work-related injury, you should be able to obtain workers' comp benefits.

Next, we can bring a personal injury claim against any other drivers or any parties who might be at fault in the accident.

Although we won't be able to obtain double recovery because the workers' compensation will have a subrogation interest in the personal injury recovery, it will increase your overall recovery.

We help clients in a range of occupations who have been hurt in a car accident at work, including:

  • Police officers
  • Firefighters
  • Delivery drivers
  • Truck drivers
  • Taxi drivers
  • Bus drivers
  • Other employees whose jobs involve driving

The most important aspect of obtaining compensation in this type of situation is showing that the accident occurred during the regular scope of employment.

Call Dawkins & Gowens Law Firm For A Free Consultation

To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer from our firm, call us at 405-254-8461 (866-439-5849 toll free) or send us an email today.