Marcus A. Gowens
- Managing Partner
Marcus was born in Weatherford, Oklahoma, in 1970 and has been a life-long resident of the state of Oklahoma. He attended school in Del City, Oklahoma, from kindergarten through high school. He graduated from Del City High School in 1988. Marcus attended the University of Notre Dame on a wrestling scholarship and graduated with a Bachelors in Business Administration in 1992. He then attended the University of Oklahoma College of Law and graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1996.
Marcus was admitted to the Oklahoma Bar in 1997 and has been practicing personal injury and workers compensation law since that time in the state of Oklahoma.
Marcus currently lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, with his wife and two sons.
Marcus has been a coach of the Oklahoma Wresting Academy for 8 years. He has many wrestling achievements, such as:
2x All American at Del City High School & 3x NCAA Division 1 Tournament Qualifier at Notre Dame where he attended college. 1992 Team Captain, NCAA Western Regional Champion.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury-Motor vehicle Accidents- Plaintiff 50%
- Workers Compensation Law 40%
- Criminal Defense 10%
- Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1997
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctorate - 1996
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.A. - 1992
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans, Member, 1997 to Present