From Car And Truck Accidents To On-The-Job Injuries, We Are Here To Help You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  » Common Workers’ Comp FAQs

Common Oklahoma Workers’ Comp FAQs

If you have been in an accident on the job in Oklahoma, you probably have a lot of questions. Please explore the frequently asked questions below. Contact our team in Oklahoma City at Dawkins & Gowens Law Firm if you have additional questions.

What should I do if I am injured on the job?

Regardless of how serious the injuries are, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention, tell your employer about your accident and fill out an accident report. These steps often prove critical later on for receiving benefits.

How much can I obtain in workers’ compensation benefits?

The answer to this question is different in every case. In Oklahoma, workers’ compensation rewards are determined based on the severity and length of injuries. If you have a serious injury that prevents you from working and it will last a long time, for example, you could obtain permanent total disability benefits, which will likely be much more than benefits awarded for mild, short-term injuries.

What if my benefits were denied?

If you have been denied benefits, do not give up. You have the right to have your case heard by a judge. Our attorneys can help you appeal your case through the workers’ compensation system and through the Oklahoma courts if needed.

Do I need an attorney to help with my workers’ compensation claim?

Yes. There are many legal complexities and unforeseen pitfalls when handling your workers’ compensation case on your own. Our lawyers can help you avoid these problems and protect your right to receive compensation for the injuries you have suffered.

How do I get help from a lawyer without being overcharged?

In Oklahoma, statutes regulate the amount attorneys can charge in workers’ compensation claims. Every lawyer should be charging the same. This amount comes from a percentage of the workers’ compensation award you receive. So, if your attorney does not obtain benefits for you, you should not have to pay any attorney’s fees.

What if my workers’ compensation benefits do not cover my medical expenses and lost wages?

There are a number of options available. In addition to appealing the compensation award, we could explore the option of a third-party liability claim. If someone other than your employer or co-workers had some part in causing the accident, we could bring a personal injury claim against that person or business. Some common examples include: vendors serving your employer, third-party workers and contractors, and manufacturers of tools and equipment used at your workplace.

Ask Us Other Questions Over A Free Consultation

Call us today to discuss your case: 405-254-8461. You can also contact us online. We can help answer questions related to your specific circumstance. Our lawyers have a wealth of knowledge and experience in all types of workers’ compensation and third-party liability claims.

Serving Oklahoma City and surrounding communities.